Environmental Stewardship and Our Green Commitment
• Virtually everything at the Auto Repair Place is engineered toward promoting a healthy environment and sustainable ecosystems.
• We are a certified member of PACE, Partners for A Clean Environment, and we support their commitment to energy efficiency, zero waste management and water conservation.
• We have eliminated conventional light bulbs. We have converted our shop and office lighting from wasteful T-12 type fluorescent fixtures to energy conserving, efficient T-8 lights, ballasts and fixtures with efficient use zones and dormant zones for areas infrequently used. Exterior fluorescent lighting is controlled by solar sensors. We use three phase energy saving power and some equipment is controlled by motion sensors to facilitate energy saving “sleep mode”.
• All of the engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential fluid, transfer case fluid, fuel, and other combustible liquids that are removed from vehicles we service are re-purposed into fuel to heat our facility. Our clean-burning furnace converts these fluids into heat with virtually no emissions or impact on the environment. It also conserves our natural resources.
• Even the oil filters are hot drained, crushed and recycled.
• Used engine coolant, or antifreeze, is collected and reprocessed offsite to make fresh, new coolant for your vehicle.
• Air conditioning refrigerant is reclaimed and reprocessed in house by our trained and Certified A/C technicians.
• We are registered with the State of Colorado as a Waste Tire Recycling Facility #264 and all of our take-off tires are recycled through this program.
• Our automotive parts like engines, transmissions, alternators, starters, etc., are returned for rebuilding to make like new assemblies.
• Virtually all metals like iron, steel, aluminum, brass, copper, and others are recycled. Even the precious metals from catalytic converters are recycled.
• Batteries are returned to the supplier where they are disassembled and recycled (even the acid) into a variety of applications, including new batteries.
• We utilize a sand trap system in conjunction with a trough floor drain for car washing and floor cleaning operations which traps any contaminates from entering the drainage system, waterways or soil.
• We have installed water-saving devices such as toilets and flow restrictors.
• All of our cleaning products and chemicals are eco-designed for minimal environmental impact.
• We buy most products in bulk to reduce wasteful packaging materials.
• We recycle paper, plastic, and metal office products and packaging materials through a local collection company.
• We use a professional laundry service for servicing uniforms and shop towels which treats them appropriately to contain any residual contaminants like oil.
Thank you for visiting The Auto Repair Place in Boulder, CO. Count on our automotive repair technicians to keep your car, truck, suv, or van on the roads longer and safer.