As a vehicle ages so does its parts. When safety components in your vehicle are degraded or damaged, the safety of you and your passengers is compromised. Additionally, as safety guidelines are revisited and the functionality of vehicles are tested by daily driving, there may be safety recalls issued to protect vehicle occupants from unsafe conditions resulting from a part or system that requires repair or replacement. At The Auto Repair Place in Boulder, CO, our team of technicians is trained to perform safety inspections to ensure our clients’ vehicles are safe to drive.
Common Safety Concerns
When The Auto Repair Place conducts a safety inspection, our certified technicians are looking at your car or truck’s body and tires, while also inspecting under the hood. Safety hazards can lurk in places that may be overlooked or unknown to the vehicle owner. Here are some of the components that are a source of common safety concerns:
- Windshield and side/back windows: The windows are meant to keep you and your passengers inside of the vehicle and serve as a barrier between you and any objects that may propel at your car as a result of an accident or while driving. Even a hard bump can shatter an already cracked windshield, so it’s imperative this safety feature is periodically checked for chips and cracks.
- Door locks: Protecting your valuables is an important safety feature of your vehicle. It’s necessary to make sure the locks are all in good working order.
- Tires: A badly worn or bald tire can lead to a blow-out, which can cause you to lose control of your car. Tires must be inspected for flat spots or uneven wear to pinpoint issues with tire tread depth, wheel alignment and/or tire pressure.
- Brakes: Any problem with your brakes is a major safety concern and requires immediate inspection by The Auto Repair Place in Boulder. Watch out for warning signs that indicate you may have a problem with your brakes, such as decreased stopping power; brake pedal sinking to the floor; brake pedal feeling hard when pushed down; or the steering wheel shaking when stopping.
- Airbag: Different makes and models have been recalled due to safety concerns, so please check to see if your vehicle has been subjected to a recall for a faulty airbag.
Contact The Auto Repair Place Today
Schedule a safety inspection by the automotive experts of The Auto Repair Place today! Your safety is our top priority, so please call our knowledgeable staff at 303-443-7088 for more information about our safety inspections in Boulder, CO.