Why Regular Oil Changes are Important
One of the top reasons a motorist schedules an appointment with auto repair center is for an oil change and for a very good reason. The fluid and the filter must be inspected to ensure both are within range to promote peak engine performance. Without a sufficient amount of oil, the components of your vehicle’s engine, such as the cylinder walls and pistons, camshafts, valves and connecting rod and crankshaft bearings, will be exposed to accelerated wear and tear caused by the friction of metal rubbing on metal.
The recommended oil for your type of vehicle provides a thick surface upon which allows the moving parts to glide past one another. If the barrier created by the oil is broken or the oil has lost its viscosity, your vehicle’s engine will continue to function under this extreme state of friction and pressure until certain vital parts require replacement or the engine itself fails.
Additionally, your vehicle’s oil filter must be replaced on a set schedule as the filter removes tiny particles, which the oil collects as it runs through the engine. These particles originate from inside and outside of the engine and vary in size. If the oil filter becomes clogged or deteriorates, the particles remain in the oil and can scrape and damage fundamental components.
At The Auto Repair Place in Boulder, our ASE certified technicians take the guesswork out of oil changes and provide an alternative option to the weekend home mechanic struggling with the drain plug and wiping up spilled oil. During your oil change appointment, our technicians can perform a multitude of maintenance services and conduct inspections to ensure your vehicle is running in top shape, such as checking the fluids, belts, lights and tire tread and pressure.
What are The Benefits of a Regular Oil Change?
An oil change is one of the easiest things you can do to extend the life of your engine. You can extend the life of your engine with regular oil changes. While it is easy to get done, it’s also integral. If your car, truck, SUV or RV runs on dirty oil it will increase the chances of a breakdown. It also throws everything off and lowers fuel economy. What are the other benefits of a regular oil change?
- Improved engine performance: Clean oil and a fresh air filter will keep all the important parts of your engine clean and lubricated. This creates a smoother and quieter ride. A smooth running engine has a positive effect on multiple different areas of your vehicle.
- Prevents debris build-up: Older oil will stick to engine parts. This can turn into debris, clog up areas and create build up. Changing the oil and filter regularly remove and prevent this nasty build up. If you do the majority of your driving on dirt roads you will need more regular oil changes.
- MPG: As mentioned above, regular oil changes offers up improved lubrication. Newer, cleaner oil reduces friction that can slow your engine which means you’ll end up paying more money for gas. New, clean oil also helps your engine run cooler. A cooler engine is more efficient. Anti-freeze and oil work together to cool your engine together. If one isn’t working right it negatively effects the other one.
- Cleaner emissions: Older cars, trucks, RVs and SUVs can burn old, dirty oil which increases emissions. Dirty oil allows hydrocarbons to build up in the crank case. If oil is dirty the emissions levels can raise. Brand new oil is much less likely to burn and can also absorb particles which means less pollution.
- Longer engine life: Whether you live in the city, suburbs or country your engine will get dirt and debris stuck inside of it. If you change your oil there is less friction. With less friction, there is much less wear and tear. With less wear and tear means a much longer engine life. If you change your oil regularly, there is less carbon build up. All this together will save you money in the long run. Replacing an engine can cost quite a bit of money.
- Other car parts: Clean, new oil doesn’t only protect the engine. It also protects other car parts that are constantly in motion. Oil lubricates the crankshaft and the connection rods. This controls the pistons. the pistons going up and down when your engine is on. The cylinder walls allow the rings to build up better compression when lubricated. The camshaft is the valve train that opens and closes the engine tank and exhaust valves. Oil keeps this lubricated and moving efficiently as well.
- Other issues: If you get a regular oil change then the other parts of your vehicle will also get checked. The Auto Repair Place offers affordable oil changes. We will also check for other issues while your hear.
- Warranty: Most terms of a warranty include regular oil changes. If you don’t follow these terms it could void the contract.
Schedule Your Maintenance Appointment Today
The modern automotive center of The Auto Repair Place and its skilled technicians are equipped to perform all preventive maintenance and major repair work for your late model or new vehicle. Invest in the convenience and peace of mind when you hire an expert to change your vehicle’s oil. Maintenance services are affordable and completed in a timely manner when you bring your vehicle to us, so schedule your next appointment with The Auto Repair Place in Boulder by calling our helpful staff at 303-443-7088. Trust your vehicle to the automotive experts and leave the messy jobs to us! We offer service in Boulder County including the following areas: