Modern vehicles rely on a complex electrical system to run safely and efficiently. But just like any other component on your vehicle, it can break down over time. When something goes wrong with your car’s electrical system, it’s virtually impossible to diagnose by simply looking at or listening to it.
At The Auto Repair Place, we have the right equipment to diagnose the problem, and get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Servicing Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
To diagnose issues with your vehicle’s electrical system, we use specialized equipment to tap into your vehicle’s computer system, and locate the cause of the problem.
- Check your battery, and replace if necessary, to ensure that your vehicle is receiving enough power.
- Check your vehicle’s electrical cable connections, and make adjustments if necessary.
- Perform engine diagnostics, if necessary, for more complex electrical problems and sophisticated vehicle computer systems.
Sometimes, the problem is as simple as a faulty battery. In other cases, the problem is more complex and requires the attention of an experienced automotive technician, like the ones you’ll find here at The Auto Repair Place.
Today’s cars are controlled by computers – from the alternator to the starter, air conditioning system and virtually everything in between. Our technicians will ensure that we find and resolve the problem quickly, so you can get up and running.
Signs of Electrical System Problems
How can you tell if it’s your vehicle’s electrical system or some other component that needs repairs? It can be tricky to pinpoint an electrical problem, but there are some signs you should be on the lookout for:
- Your vehicle won’t start, and when you turn the key, you hear nothing – no grinding or clicking noises.
- Your vehicle is running just fine, but your headlights dim when you’re idling or driving slowly.
- The dashboard or interior lights do not illuminate or are very dim.
If your vehicle’s electrical system needs servicing, The Auto Repair place will find and fix the problem quickly, so you can get back on the road. Contact us today at (303) 443-7088, or stop by our shop on 5472 Arapahoe Ave in Boulder, CO to discuss your vehicle’s electrical system.